2019 Externship date TBA
Expand your effectiveness in working with couples through four days of theoretical and clinical training.
This training experience provides a complete introduction to EFT in a dynamic learning environment, and fulfills the initial externship requirement for certification in Emotionally Focused Therapy.
The Externship Program Includes:
- Theoretical foundation of EFT
- Clinical techniques and skills
- Training exercises
- Video recordings of EFT with couples
- Observation of live interviews
- Discussion of specific cases and clinical issues, and
- Phone-in question and answer period with Dr. Susan Johnson
Participants Will Learn:
- To see marital distress from an attachment perspective
- To help partners reprocess the emotional responses that maintain marital distress
- To shape key new interaction and bonding events, and
- To overcome therapeutic impasses
- An extensive manual will be provided.
- Follow-up courses and supervision will be available
A graduate degree in psychology, counseling, clinical social work, or marriage and family therapy (or nearing completion).
Before coming to the externship, participants are strongly encouraged to read this background textbook:
The Practice of Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy: Creating Connections (2004), by Dr. Susan M. Johnson.