Emotionally Focused Individual Therapy (EFIT) Consultation Group
Individual and group supervision / consultation to be arranged with Lorrie Brubacher.
To pay securely online, please click the button below and enter the payment amount in the next screen.
|Consultation Fee (US$)||Consultation Fee (Canada)|
The Complexities of Couple Therapy
Clinical supervision for couple therapists may be what you need if the complexities of doing couple therapy leave you bemused. As a couple therapist, do you sometimes feel like you are standing on the freeway with two trucks trying to run you over?
That is how Sue Johnson described the experience of doing couple therapy, before she developed the Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) model of couples therapy. EFT is uniquely based on attachment theory as a description of adult romantic love and is highly effective.
Clinical supervision for couple therapists recognizes that working with couples can be a very difficult experience for therapists. In many ways, it is more complex than either individual or family therapy because of the highly charged emotions of two individuals in an intimate relationship. Perhaps you notice that you are putting in excessive energy trying to help couples make changes, only to find them slipping back into old patterns time and time again.
If you are finding couple therapy to be highly onerous and frustrating, consider training and supervision in Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), a clinically proven effective model of therapy.
I offer clinical supervision that is sure to bring encouragement and empowerment to your clinical work.
As a couples therapist, do you find that you are getting “hooked’ with particular types of individuals or couples?
Working with two individuals in a distressed relationship can trigger intense emotional reactions inside a couple therapist. Intimate relationships are a strong force for disturbing a therapist’s interpersonal and intrapsychic issues and insecurities.
Couples in despair, can evoke despair, frustration and unmet attachment needs for safety and security within a couple therapist. Clinical supervision or consultation can help you to use your own personal issues as resources rather than liabilities with your clients.
Benefits of Clinical Supervision for Couple Therapists
Discover how clinical supervision or consultation can provide a calm and affirming context to examine isomorphic issues that you share with a client.
Discover how clinical supervision can transform the isolation of private practice into an affirming collegial endeavor and empower you professionally!
I am registered with ICEEFT to provide clinical supervision in Emotionally Focused Therapy.
I can help you:
- work productively with negative emotions, such as reactive anger and depression, to help your clients heal through safe and secure connections
- frame couple and family conflict in the non-pathologizing framework of attachment theory so that you have a clear map to guide your work
- revitalize your clinical skills, confidence and hopefulness as a therapist
Receiving consultation or clinical supervision in Emotionally Focused Therapy from a certified EFT Supervisor can revolutionize your work with couples, families and individuals. You can discover how to ground yourself in a non-pathologizing model with clinically proven effectiveness. You can be refreshed by your work!
Embody couple therapy in a way that is rewarding and leaves you with the thrill of having guided couples through stormy waters to safe and secure ground!
Types of Clinical Supervision
Individual or group supervision:
Couple therapy supervision can be done individually or in a group format. Individual supervision has the benefit of focusing entirely on your own work, while group supervision facilitates learning from and being encouraged by your colleagues.
In Person Supervision:
I will meet with you in person in Winnipeg, MB or Greensboro, NC to provide feedback to you based on your video or audio recordings, case presentations or role-playing. I can also provide live supervision to you during your couple therapy sessions.
I provide supervision to therapists in distant locations by secure connections such as VSee or WebEx. You can send me audio or video recordings of therapy sessions via a secure file share program or we can share screens.
Who I Work With
- mental health professionals and students wanting specialized supervision and consultation in EFT
- I am an Approved Supervisor with the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT)
- I am a registered trainer and supervisor in Emotionally Focused Therapy (Registered with the International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy).
- I have over 18 years of training counselling students in university settings:
- an invited guest and consultant on Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy with students in couple therapy classes at the University of Winnipeg, Canada and the University of North Carolina in Greensboro, North Carolina.
- taught counselling courses at University of Manitoba, University of Winnipeg and University of British Columbia, from 1988-2006.
- supervised graduate psychology students from Simon Fraser University in Vancouver in the area of couple and family therapy.
My collaborative, empathic and sharply focused approach to therapy supervision is sure to provide you with encouragement and renewed enthusiasm for your profession and for who you are as a person and as a therapist.
Contact me to discuss how we can work together to meet your couple therapy supervision or consultation needs:
firstname.lastname@example.org or in Winnipeg at 204-221-4776; in Greensboro, NC at 336-508-7572.