Trainer: Lorrie Brubacher
EFIT LEVEL 1
Next EFIT Level 1 in 2022 – Date TBA
EFIT LEVEL 2
July 16, 17, 2021
Online, hosted by Carolina Center for EFT
Details and registration coming soon!
Trainer: Lorrie Brubacher
April 14, May 5, May 26, June 16 and July 7, 2021
Trainers: Lorrie Brubacher and Ali Barbosa
Format: Video review and skill practice
Prerequisite: EFIT Level 1
Registration: EFT México
EFIT Training Videos
- for professional mental health professionals: https://steppingintoeft.com/purchase-english/
Applying EFT to Individual Therapy – Use the E.A.R. of EFT = follow EMOTION, focus on ATTACHMENT; RESHAPE strategies for engagement.
Learning objectives and course description (click to read)
Emotionally Focused Individual Therapy (EFIT) extends Dr. Sue Johnson’s model of Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy to work with individuals. EFIT helps you to create corrective emotional experiences in individual therapy to shape safety and security with others and within self.
Johnson argues that psychotherapy is most effective when it focuses on the healing power of emotional connection. Attachment theory provides proven techniques for treating the two common presenting problems in individual therapy: anxiety and depression. It provides a practical map for shaping love or secure attachment that positively impacts emotion regulation, social adjustment and mental health (Johnson, 2019).
“But love is not only an end for therapy; it is also the means by which every end is reached” (Lewis, Amini, & Lannon, 2002). In EFIT, the therapeutic alliance is the heart from which emotion regulation and secure bonds with others and within self are shaped. Core attachment emotions are reprocessed to fuel corrective emotional experiences of love, between and within. Clients are helped to discover and validate inner emotional experience that can then be used as a guide for living. Confidence flows from secure connection with others, creating a safe haven and a secure base in the dynamic flow between interpersonal and internal worlds.
Lorrie Brubacher is the Founding Director of the Carolina Center for EFT (Emotionally Focused Therapy). A certified trainer with the International Centre for Excellence in EFT (ICEEFT), she has been an individual, couple and family therapist since 1989. She is an adjunct faculty at University of North Carolina, Greensboro. She trains internationally and publishes frequently on the topic of EFT, often with its originator, Dr. Sue Johnson. She co-developed EFT’s first interactive video training program, has several training videos, available at https://steppingintoeft.com and published Stepping into Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy: Key Ingredients of Change (2018).
- Online, EFIT Level 2, hosted by the South Florida Community for EFT, December 11, 12, 2020
- Online, EFIT Level 1, hosted by the South Florida Community for EFT, October 2, 3, 2020
- Online, hosted by New Zealand EFT Community, September 10, 11, 2020
- Online, August 28-30, 2020
- Las Vegas, NV, online webinar, May 2, 2020
- Atlanta, GA, EFIT Level 1, April 24-26, 2020
- Roseville, Minnesota, EFIT Level 1, February 28-29, 2020
- New Orleans, LA, EFIT Level 1, February 13-14, 2020
- Greensboro, NC, EFIT Level 1, January 17-18, 2020
- Cambridge, ON, Sept 13-14, 2019
- Athens, Greece, June 8-9, 2019
- Denver, Colorado, July 23-24, 2018
- London, England, July 6-7, 2018
- Bucharest, Romania, June 9-10, 2017
- Timisoara, Romania, June 11-12, 2017
- Ottawa, ON, November 21-22, 2017
- UNC Greensboro, NC, November 17-18, 2017
- Phoenix, AZ, September 22-23, 2017